479 Mason Street Suite 323
Vacaville, CA 95688
About 10 years ago, we had a simple idea and a desire to make a difference. We wondered why parents had to adjust their family’s busy schedules and drive half way across town just to put their child in another classroom with more kids…when in fact it was the classroom experience that their child was struggling with in the first place. We wondered...
- What if a tutor could come directly to the child’s home to deliver tutoring services instead of fragmenting a family’s precious time together by forcing parents to act as “taxi drivers”?
- What if there was flexibility in the tutor’s schedule so that tutoring time slots could be scheduled to accommodate for a family’s busy schedule?
- What if a struggling child could get one on one attention instead of being limited to the “one-to-many” teaching models used by most extra-curricular learning centers?
- What if a tutor could develop a personalized program by working with the child’s existing homework and school curriculum instead of loading more standard textbook work on an already overwhelmed child?
- What if average families could get access to top tutoring resources sometimes reserved only for wealthier families?
These questions and more were eventually answered through the development of the Tutor Doctor program. Over the last 10 years, the Tutor Doctor vision has taken shape. In 2003 the company turned to franchising as a way of expanding the company’s impact and meeting the vast market demand. Now with offices internationally, the Tutor Doctor vision is becoming a reality as the lives of students and their families are being positively impacted.