Sunday, November 6, 2016

Featured Member: Ashley Ball - Hair Stylist

Ashley Ball 
Hair Stylist 

Going Glamorous
372 Merchant St
Vacaville, CA 95688

707-344-5893
http://www.goingglamorous.com/
goingglamorous@gmail.com



Some people are born to play music, others are born to teach, and a few are born to heal. I was born to do hair. For as long as I can remember I have loved making women feel beautiful. I grew up always wanting to play with makeup and hair spray. I would drag my sisters and their friends into the bathroom for makeovers. Even in college I yearned for the opportunity to get behind a chair and wield a curling iron with a teasing comb.

After I got out of college, I felt so lost. I had this fancy degree on paper, but wasn’t sure what I would do with it. I started by being an administrative assistant for a manufacturing company. I was good and efficient at my job, but something was missing. I quit that job and began a sales job at Burberry. A few months into working at Burberry I was recruited to work for Neiman Marcus in cosmetics. I was exhilarated! I was finally going to be working with makeup. Unfortunately, I was still unhappy in my job and realized that I wasn’t really changing lives but was rather pushing someone else’s sales agenda. My husband and I made the crazy decision for me to pursue a dream I had had since I was a young girl – I went off to cosmetology school! Once in cosmetology school, I realized that I was doing what I was born to do. Studying hair, makeup, and skin taught me more than just the technical skills to perform on women, it taught me how I can use these services to show women how beautiful they truly are. I finally held the power to give women confidence and to teach them to be self-accepting.

While some see the beauty industry as something for the vain, I see it as a way to transform lives. I truly believe that each woman is unique, both inward and outward, and I am so privileged to get to know each one that sits in my chair. Women are often bombarded with images of tall, skinny supermodels and feel like they fall short of being beautiful. My goal is to show women how they don’t fall short of beauty instead they define it.

No comments:

Post a Comment